Planning & Development Department - Denton, Texas
Salary: $4,042.13 - $4,959.07 month
Closing Date: September 11, 2011
More information: http://www.dentonjobs.com/
Summary of Duties
- Manages development applications, and perform field inspections to ensure conformance with approved plans, policies and standards.
- Participates in the City’s multi-disciplinary or multi-departmental development review process relative to the preparation of plans, review of development proposals or other projects.
- Reviews and processes comprehensive plan amendments, development code amendments, Planned Developments (aka PUD), Master Planned Communities, rezonings, annexations, site plans, and plats.
- Manages complex planning studies, gathers relevant data, and performs statistical reports and analytical land-use research associated with physical, social & economic issues.
- Presents reports and other findings to staff, Planning & Zoning Commission, the City Council, the Zoning Board of Adjustment, and serves as liaison to such committees.
- Leads and coordinates neighborhood meetings, schedules and conducts meetings with advisory boards, commissions, and elected officials as needed.
- Participates in the development of work priorities and task coordination decisions relative to the Department’s Strategic Plan.
- Evaluates section performance and provides recommendations for improved efficiency and effectiveness. Performs complex planning tasks as assigned such as conducting reviews consultant proposals.
Bachelor’s degree in Urban Planning or Community and Regional Planning and five (5) years of progressively responsible experience working as a City Planner or in an occupation involving urban/regional planning; or
Master’s degree in Urban Planning or Community and Regional Planning and three (3) years of experience working as a City Planner or in an occupation involving urban/regional planning.