Planning Intern Job Description
- Provide support to staff in the Development Services and Strategic Planning Divisions
- Assist with the update, input and compliation of data for various City of Arlington reports
- Assist with the administration of zoning and platting applications
- Research various planning and zoning issues including, but not limited to, comprehensive planning, transportation, neighborhood planning, housing, economic development, gas drilling, design standards
- Ability to attend meetings and seminars as needed
- Ability to research and organize thoughts and ideas in a concise manner
- Ability to use the internet and various computer software (i.e., Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, PhotoShop, Adobe InDesign)
- Will involve driving of a City vehicle for site visits.
Bachelor's Degree in urban and regional planning, geography/GIS, political science/public administration, architecture, landscape architecture, environmental science, business or related field required. Pre-employment screening will include criminal background and motor vehicle record.
The City of Arlington's Department of Community Development and Planning provides a great learning environment for planning and public administration. The City of Arlington is proud to be an EOE. This position closes on January 12, 2011.
To be considered for this position, candidates must apply online at the City of Arlington's website at: http://www.ci.arlington.tx.us/employment/erecuiting.html